Saturday, April 17, 2010

Departure to Rome

Today, my husband, Steve, and I are all set for departure to Rome. Check-in at JFK Airport was uneventful. Removing your jacket, shoes and computer is fairly routine now. I imagine that since we are flying to southern Europe, flights are not yet grounded by the volcano eruption in Iceland.


A lady on the phone sitting next to in the gate area was just repeating several times: “The airport is so empty. We’re going. We’re going!” Weather-wise, there are dark looming rain clouds on one side and the sun breaking through on the other.

Steve asked me what did I want to do first after we check-in to the hotel. I said, “Let’s go to the Borghese Gardens“. I’m taking into consideration that we will be indoors nearly all of one day touring the sights at the Vatican. Another day, we will be seeing the special Caravaggio exhibit at the Quirinale. Steve said, “let’s first go to the Forum“. Check back to find out where we end up

We will be boarding in about in about 20 minutes. The flight is delayed 30 minutes. That’s light comedy compared to some other trips.

As I put this together to post, a swirl of spoken Chinese changes to Italian,  Then, noisey hubbub from a group of young people traveling somewhere circles the room.  Gotta go; they're starting to board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME