Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's Dance - 5th Annual Dance Parade

I'm preparing for an upcoming trip to Italy to participate in a photography workshop led by David Wells and produced by Barbara Nelson.  In the meanwhile, I'm checking my camera equipment and computer software and back-up.  The 5th Annual New York City Dance Parade was held on 21 May 2011 (website) and I took a few video clips as well as a great number of photos with my Canon 7D with an attached Sennheiser stereo microphone .  I will have to develop a steady hand and learn not to keep a tight grip for too long a period of time.  Since then, I have purchased a monopod that rotates at the base to help support the camera. The camera functions were intuitive and easy to manage.  I had browsed through the manual and studied the key functions, but it was more important to ensure that menu settings were set for what I wanted.  The lighting conditions proved a challenge.  The parade started at 1:00 pm in deep shadow at my location on Broadway at 21st Street and by 3:00 pm I was in bright sun. 


Packing for the trip is proving to be the more difficult task.  How exactly does one pack light, yet have all your essentials?  The group was given a checklist by David and all items will be used at some point during the workshop.  However, my interest in learning to shoot video has added a few things to the packing.  The Sennheiser mic, for example; it's tiny, weightless but worth taking along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME