Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Busy Saturday

Passing by two women going in different directions, one exclaims in a loud voice, “Thanks for coming to my ‘hood.” I couldn’t help but smile to myself. The Gramercy area of New York City is not what one would typically think of as being a “’hood”. On a recent Saturday, I was doing some errands and had my camera with me, so I decided to take some photos of my neighborhood.

Blue skies, moderate temperatures.

One of my favorite streets, Irving Place.

A stop for coffee at a Starbucks.

Serious shopping starts at the Farmers' Market in Union Square.

Shopping for Daisy at the Petco, Union Square.

Then some plain grocery shopping.

I pass a cafe where soccer enthusiasts are watching a game.

NYC 13th Precinct; the flag is on display every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME