Saturday, July 24, 2010

More Thoughts about Last Summer

Bastille Day came and went a few weeks ago, and I missed the traditional military parade. It would have been nice to be in Paris to see the parade again as I did not position myself very well among the many onlookers last summer. And yet the parade this year was rained on. I watched on television as the marchers staunchly ignored the rain. I learned that the skies cleared just in time for the traditional fireworks at the site the Eiffel Tower.

Bastille Day -- Looking up to see the parachutists descend

Questions answered and safety for all during the parade

I have memories of strolling the banks of the Seine during Paris Plages where tons of sand are carted in for the pleasure of Parisians who can’t leave town. Just like here, there are many outdoor events to choose amongst. Although the weather is still sweltering here in the NYC, now I’m content to wait until November when I hope to visit during Mois de Photo. Most museums and galleries feature photographic work by both known and unknown photographers.
 
Paris Plages -- For Sun and Leisure

Paris Plages -- Musical Event

Out with friend for tea and coffee

Cause for a smile
 
The Three Muses -- Aristide Malliol

To see more images and the July-August 2009 blogs, look under “Older Posts” at the bottom of the current posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME